Sunday, September 14, 2014

una paz al dentro

Just finished my yoga practice for the day. I continue to find this view from my covered "yoga" patio so beautiful, and inspiring of peace. Most days I practice as the sun is setting on the horizon, melting behind the mountains. I really missed yoga last year. Spin classes at Lift Gym served a purpose, but the flow of vinyasa while listening to the soft chirping of birds is far superior.

Not just today, but these past weeks I have been keenly aware of the centered space I have entered. For now, I have set aside exploring the dark side of my moon, for which I have a propensity. I do not believe I have ever felt such inner strength before; it is delicious and gratifying.

There was a great deal of beauty in my first year abroad, and there was purpose in feeling and exploring the acute pain of missing home, of having to adjust myself and expectations to a new world, but I am deeply happy to finally be experiencing a sounder state of mind that has come with a real sense of place in Quito.

I know there will come a day, maybe tomorrow, maybe in 6 months, where I will again experience restlessness or deeper discontentment or great sadness, but I also know my capacity to return myself to this peaceful state increases as I continue to embrace change and continue to keep pushing myself outside of my comfort zone.

I suppose I could go on here, articulating further reflections, but I'd rather sit and soak in la paz de este momento. I hope you might do the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment