Saturday, November 9, 2013

La hospitalidad de una familia


I woke Saturday morning to exuberant voices of children laughing together. Oh, and the sound of salsa music. 7:30 am and the small town of Mascarilla, nestled amidst the mountains of Ecuador, about 3 hours north of Quito, was full of life.The niños I heard were Ana's adorable nieces and nephews. The salsa music was drifting up from someone's computer down the street, though drifting is perhaps a bit of a euphemism; it was, rather, blaring. 

Last weekend Ana invited me to her family's casa for homemade colada morada y pan dulce y pan de sal. It was quite the treat. First, being with a family, and second, filling myself such delicious tastes of Ecuador.

This week, I think I'll let the photos do the talking.
The base for colada morada. Many fruits were to be added. Love the rich color. And the rich flavor.
The bonds of this family are strong.
Fresh pan. Baci girls know how to eat their bread.
Amidst the mountains.
Newfound friend?
Ana and una sobrina.
Two of my favorite colors to juxtapose. 
She's the cutest. And, boy, do I miss Natalie and Giatta.
In honor of Dia de los Muertos, people visit the graves of their relatives.
A gorgeous photo of Ana's parents. Muchas gracias to these lovely people for welcoming me into their home for the weekend.



1 comment:

  1. These picture s are great. Email at brandon141482@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete