Monday, August 25, 2014

Un gran viaje a Argentina con mi abuela

My second year at Americano begins tomorrow. Whew. Wow. I am feeling a great deal more comfortable and centered than I was at this time last year, expectedly so. The summer was fantastic and was capped off with a wonderful trip to Argentina with NieNie. I'm going to recount our viaje mostly with photos here as I am momentarily short on words...

We began our 8-day stay in my 2nd South American country in Buenos Aires. Our 3 days in the Paris of South America was something like this...

A trip to el Museo de Arte Latinamericano



a leisurely walk in a Japanese garden...
                     we found Buenos Aires to be a beautifully green city...




We had meals that looked like this. La Cabrera gets 5 stars from me!!


Then we arrived in Mendoza for another 3-day stay. Lares de Chacras offered a very comfortable reprieve with another lovely view just outside our door...


Our first day in wine country was spent at a winery with a wonderful spa. We were greeted into this entrance with glasses of delicious vinco blanco. After 90-minute massages, we were quite refreshed.


We dined one evening in our hotel's wine cellar. The ambiance was quite lovely.


Our 2nd day in Mendoza was spent exploring two vineyards. One smaller family owned, and the other larger, but both with tantalizing Malbecs and more. As it turns out, I am a definite fan of dessert wine. Who would have thought?




Felipe hosted our 2nd tour. Quite the salesman was he. And equally adorable. 



NieNie and I both agreed that the highlight of the trip was our 8-hour cooking class with Jose. The menu included empanadas, plenty of carne, the best veggies of my life and flan with dulce de leche ice cream...and various wines for each course!


While I've been known to put down a good deal of food, Jose was multi-tasking as he was instructing NieNie and me and making the comida for the winery's restaurant, so all of that meat is not just for us.


Really, the best vegetales de mi vida. The rabbit stock and white wine that the veggies simmered in added dynamite sabor. 


Mmmm, I'd like to find that rewind button about now...


Our time in Argentina ended with a one night stay at an estancia se llama El Ombu.


Here a famous gaucho strums his guitar while we dine.


This was followed by a bit of a show by a handsome ranch hand.


Good looking trio.


NieNie returned with me to Ecuador to see some sites in Quito and help me get settled into my new apartment. She also got to see Ana!


I'll sign off this evening with a glimpse into the new abode. Loving the view and how cozy it already feels. 






Life is good. No, life is great.

Abrazos a todos from Quito.

Jame

No comments:

Post a Comment