Monday, August 26, 2013

Mi Escuela Nueva

Quick update as I need to get on the bus to go home soon:
Oh my gosh. I´m in my new classroom and just jazzed. There are 16 desks in here. AND THAT IS ENOUGH FOR ALL OF MY STUDENTS. The campus here is quite expansive as it includes primary national and international sections and secondary national and international sections. I am teaching in the secondary national section, which means my students have been coming to the school since 1st grade and have been taught 1/2 the day in Spanish and 1/2 in English. And seriously, 16 students in each class?! Colegio Americano is an outdoor campus...and it´s beautiful! I´m peaking out of my window right now, looking off into the distance are the montañas. ¡Que una vista! Again, only the most friendly of people are welcoming us here. I feel so fortunate to have this opportunity.

I have yet to really figure out the curriculum that I will be teaching, or at least the finer details of it--have done no planning as of yet--but here is all very tranquilo. There is another greenie (new teacher) that is teaching the same class as I am, so we will be collaborating con frequencia. Wish I had a bit more time to write more, but me voy a atender a otras detalles.

Mucho amor a mi familia y a mis amigos,

Jame

1 comment:

  1. Jamie, So fun to read about your new adventure but we miss you at JHS! Jean

    ReplyDelete