Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Hot Chocolate with Melty Cheese

I don´t want you to stop reading the blog for fear of catching depression, or to feel too bad for me, so a short note on last evening...

A walk around Parque Carolina with Michelle and Amanda, and a stop at a Dutch cafe, Jurgen, raised my spirits considerably. I have been craving lots of hot chocolate since arriving in Quito (most of the day is cooler than I anticipated), and while Juan Valdez--the Starbuck´s of Quito--has good stuff, Jurgen´s chocolate de la casa made me nearly giddy. Their rich hot chocolate comes with a piece of good cheese on top that is all ooey gooey from the steam of the chocolate. This will definitely be one of my hot spots, and if you come to visit, it is likely you will come to know the magic of this drink as well.

In other news, the NetLife guy called Ana yesterday to say he would be at my place at 4:30 today to install the internet. I´m not holding my breath, but I can´t help but be hopeful.

Stay tuned (kind of like you did when getting my visa was the adventura del verano).

Nos hablamos,

Jame

No comments:

Post a Comment